As Brentnalls WA celebrates its 30th birthday, founder and Director Tony Monisse reflects on what he has learned and what he is most proud of after 30 years in business.
What have you learned?
“I have learned that you’ve got to have a growth mindset. There’s no such thing as failure; you’ve just got to keep constantly improving and finding out how you can keep getting better. I’ve come to understand that our biggest learning often comes from our most challenging situations, and we need to be open to these challenges and how we can improve. That has been the most significant source of my learning.
What are you proud of?
I’m proud that we have created something unique that attracts team members and clients to what we offer. And that we’re constantly focusing on how we can add value and help our clients.
What were your aspirations when you started the business?
Like all good accountants, I did a business plan before I started the business, and when I look back at the objectives I set 30 years ago, those objectives were:
- to develop a proactive practice that met the complex needs of business clients
- to be cutting-edge and look for opportunities to help our clients grow
- to create a systems framework to service our clients
- to help clients better manage their business and educate them, and
- to create a practice that is innovative and has a reputation for quality in the marketplace
And how do you feel about those objectives now, 30 years later?
I think there are always areas for improvement, but what’s interesting is that those objectives haven’t changed in 30 years. And I still believe they are our goals going forward.”